The Office of Enterprise Risk and Insurance works with executive and senior leadership to proactively identify risks throughout the university that could keep us from attaining our goals. Once risks are identified, the office assists the university’s process of assessing the risks, selecting and implementing appropriate strategies to lessen the impact, and planning for any losses. The risk office ensures that risk management activities occur intentionally, and as part of an integrated and coordinated discipline across the entire university.
The Office of Enterprise Risk and Insurance is responsible for protecting the university’s human and physical assets by:
- Supporting departments in completing risk assessments and developing risk mitigation strategies;
- Providing education on risk management topics;
- Developing programs, guidelines, policies, and procedures to mitigate risks and guidance on risk mitigation tools, such as insurance;
- Procuring and managing the university’s insurance programs;
- Administering the university’s insurance claims;
- Conducting risk assessments for campus event;
- Reviewing insurance documents, and leases, contracts or agreements for appropriate coverage and language; and
- Overseeing international risk management.
For questions or assistance, please contact our office at email@example.com.