The following outlines the coverages, exclusions and specifications of the Automobile Physical Damage Insurance policy. The State Auto policy only provides liability coverage. If your department, division, unit, etc. is interested in signing up for this insurance, please complete the below excel spreadsheet, Tab 1 with vehicle information and Tab 2 with driver information. An example highlighted in yellow is shown on the spreadsheet. Please note that that some of the additional coverages have sub-limits and the information provided is only a summary of the benefits; the actual policy will govern. If you have any questions, please contact Risk Management.
- Comprehensive:loss or damage for any cause except collision with another object, this includes, glass breakage, missiles or falling objects and collision with animal or bird.
- Collision:loss or damage caused by accidental collision with another object.
- The United States, its territories and possessions, Canada and Mexico
- Automobile:in the care, custody and control of the University that have submitted vehicle and driver information, and received approval from insurance company.
- Trailers:designed to be connected to and towed by an automobile in the care, custody and control of the University and designed for and used for private passenger automobile that have submitted trailer information, and received approval from insurance company.
- Equipment:an apparatus or device permanently attached to or installed in automobile.
- Road Trouble Service:reimburse for towing automobile to nearest available garage and cost of labor performed on automobile at the place of emergency.
- Loss of Use by Theft:reimburse for cost of transportation expenses after a 48 hour waiting period.
- Personal Property:cost of personal property owned by UCF or UCF employee.
- Civil or governmental authority; intentional acts; conversion, embezzlement or secretion; preparing, practicing or participating in speed or demolition race; wear and tear; freezing; mechanical or electrical breakdown, other than burning of wiring; radioactive contamination; war or insurrection; nuclear weapons; real or perceived loss of market value.
- Windshield Damage:$0
- Pay no more than the lowest of the following:(1) actual cash value, (2) cost to repair or replace or (3) amount stated to insurance company.
- Annually:Variable (based on year, make, model of vehicle and driver(s) information)plus 5% admin fee.
This is an additional coverage that can be purchased with to the automobile physical damage coverage above. However, this is not a standalone product so it cannot be purchased separately.
- Coverage:pays the cost for flat tire repair, minor mechanical repair on-site, locked out services for when the keys are locked inside vehicle, emergency fluid service, i.e. run of out gas, oil or water, jump start from dead battery and towing to nearest service station.
- Coverage Territory:the United States and Canada, available 24/7.
- Rate:Variable (between $3 – $15 per vehicle based on age of the vehicle)plus 5% admin fee.