The following outlines the coverages, exclusions and specifications of the Electronic Data Processing Insurance policy. Please note that some of the additional coverages have sub-limits and the information provided is only a summary of the benefits. If your department, division, unit, etc. is interested in purchasing this insurance, please complete the below excel spreadsheet with your EDP Equipment or Scientific Equipment. An example highlighted in yellow is shown on the spreadsheet. If you have any questions, please contact Risk Management.
- All Items:All risks of direct physical loss or damage caused by or resulting from a peril not otherwise excluded.
- The United States, its territories and possessions, Canada and Puerto Rico
Items Covered (EPDE)
- Equipment:data processing systems to include, but not limited to personal computers and workstations, laptops, palmtops, notebook PCs, iPads, tablets, and other portable computer devices; electronic systems consisting of separately identifiable and removable component memory or control boxes that are attached to and control production machinery, but no the production machinery itself; and equipment, component parts and related peripheral equipment, including air conditioning and fire protective equipment, used solely for data processing equipment to include by not limited to printers, keyboards, monitors, projectors and modems.
- Media:punch cards, tapes, discs, diskettes, drums, cells; other magnetic or optical recording or storage device; the information recorded on this Media; and the original source material used to enter data and/or program Media.
- Telephone Equipment:telephone systems.
Items Covered (EDPSE)
- Scientific Equipment:used for scientific and medical research; or used for medical diagnosis.
- Media:punch cards, tapes, discs, diskettes, drums, cells; other magnetic or optical recording or storage device; the information recorded on this Media; the original source material used to enter data and/or program Media, provided such Media is used exclusively to control, process or monitor Scientific Equipment.
- Newly Acquired Equipment:direct physical loss caused by a peril not excluded, if reported within 180 days.
- Inventory or Appraisals:cost of inventory or appraisal that insurance requires from UCF to determine the extent of the direct physical loss or damage.
- Property In Transit:pay for direct physical loss or damage to EDPE or EDPSEwhile in transit, including shipments by registered mail.
- Debris Removal:costs to remove debris of damaged EDPE or EDPSE caused by or resulting from a peril not otherwise excluded.
- Fire Protective Equipment:costs to refill discharged fire protective equipment whether or not there is a direct physical loss or damage to EDPE or EDPSE.
- Fire Department Service Charge:pay the charges assumed by contract or agreement executed prior to loss, or charges required by local ordinance if the fire department is called to save or protect EDPE or EDPSE.
- Pollutant/Fungus Cleanup or Removal:cost to cleanup or remove pollutants from air, land or water, either inside or outside of a building or structure, if discharge, dispersal, seepage, migration, release or escape of the pollutants is caused by or results from a peril not otherwise excluded.
- Electronic Data Recovery Costs:costs as a result of direct physical loss or damage to Electronic Data or a System caused by or resulting from Malicious Programming; those costs are to copy, re-create, replace or retrieve Electronic Data and restore systems to the functionality that existed prior to Malicious Programming.
- Owned Equipment: Acts or Decisions, dishonesty; errors in systems programming; governmental action; loss of market; Mistakes; nuclear hazard; planning, design, materials or maintenance; pollutants; war and military action; wear and tear; flood; earthquake; sinkhole collapse; terrorism; fire; lightning; explosion; windstorm or hail; smoke; aircraft, self-propelled missiles or vehicles; riot or civil commotion; and ice, snow or sleet.
- Leased Equipment: Acts or Decisions, dishonesty; errors in systems programming; governmental action; loss of market; Mistakes; nuclear hazard; planning, design, materials or maintenance; pollutants; war and military action; wear and tear; flood; earthquake; sinkhole collapse; and terrorism.
- Claims less than $10,000:$500
- Claims greater than or equal to $10,000:$2,500
- Replacement Cost:value of covered property will be based on the replacement cost without any deduction for depreciation if item is repaired or replaced, otherwise actual cash value.
- Owned Items:$0.0574/$100 of Value plus 5% admin fee.
- Leased Items:$0.1702/$100 of Value plus 5% admin fee.
- Owned Items:$0.1363/$100 of Value plus 5% admin fee.
- Leased Items:$0.3588/$100 of Value plus 5% admin fee.
- Malicious Programming:an illegal or malicious entry into Electronic Dataor a System which results in functions that distort, corrupt, manipulate, copy, delete, destroy, or slows down Electronic Data or System.
- System:a computer and all input, output, processing, storage, off-line media library, and communication facilities which are connected to such computer, provided such computer and facilities are owned by UCF or leased by UCF.
- Electronic Data:software, data or other information that is in electronic form.
- Acts or Decisions:loss or damage caused by or resulting from acts or decisions, including the failure to act or decide, of any person, group, organization or government body.
- Mistakes:loss or damage caused by or resulting from error in the development, distribution, processing, manufacturing, testing, installation, alteration or repair of property.
Quarterly Reporting Dates
- 1st Quarter Due: August 30, 2019
- 2nd Quarter Due: November 30, 2019
- 3rd Quarter Due: February 27, 2019
- 4th Quarter Due: May 29, 2019