As part of the foreign travel insurance program, the university provides coverage to faculty and staff traveling outside of the United States on university business for Automobile Liability insurance in excess of what is provided by rental company or the owner of the vehicle. Please note that that some of the additional coverages have sub-limits and the information provided is only a summary of the benefits; the actual policy will govern. If you have any questions, please contact Risk Management.
- Pay on behalf of the university for all sums which the university becomes legally obligated to pay for damages because of bodily injury or property damage caused by an accident and resulting from the use of an automobile, after the primary insurance has been exhausted.
- Anywhere in the world, excluding the United States and Puerto Rico
- Faculty and staff
- Owned autos:automobiles owned by the university.
- Hire Autos:automobiles leased, hired, rented or borrowed from anyone other than a university employee; this includes rental company’s such as Enterprise/National.
- Non-owned Autos:automobiles owned by university employees used for university business.
- Mobile Equipment subject to Financial Responsibility Laws:mobile equipment that is subject to motor vehicle laws and thus treated as an automobile, e.g. GEM cart.
- Automobile Medical Payments:pay on behalf of the university all reasonable expenses incurred for necessary medical and funeral services to or for an insured who sustains bodily injury cause by an accident either while occupying an automobile or as a pedestrian.
- Hired Automobile Physical Damage:reimburse the university at replacement cost for physical damage to a hired auto or its equipment in the care, custody or control of a faculty or staff member
- Expected or intended injury, contractual, pollution, war, racing or demolition, nuclear, wear and tear, and statutory coverage.
- Employee using an automobile owned by that employee or a member of her/his household.
|$1,000,000||Combined single limit, bodily injury and property damage (each accident)|
|$50,000||Auto Medical Payments (each accident)|
|$50,000||Hired Auto Physical Damage (each accident and aggregate)|