In accordance with UCF Policy 3-122 and the rising number of golf cart and utility vehicle accidents on campus, the Office of Risk Management has issued the following advisory:
As part of the Advisory, all UCF departments, direct support organizations (DSO), and other entities operating on the university campus using golf carts and/or utility vehicles must be certified. Please note that the golf carts and/or utility vehicles must have received prior authorization from the Office of the Vice President for Administration and Finance. This consists of a two-step process:
- Training and Safety
Below is a list of frequently asked questions regarding the advisory and the steps to certification. For additional questions, please contact the Office of Risk Management.
The following sections outline the requirements for each step in order to be certified.
Part 1: Training and Safety
Please note there are two separate processes in order to complete Part 1 of the certification: One process for UCF Departments and one process for DSOs and other entities. Please complete the process that is applicable to you.
Faculty and staff operating golf carts and/or utility vehicles on behalf of their department, unit or division shall complete the following:
- Online Training: Each faculty and staff member shall individually complete the online training module in UCF Webcourses. You must self-enroll in Utility Cart Safety(ERM201) through the myUCF portal.
- Safety Checklist: Once the faculty or staff member has completed the online training module, they will need to coordinate with their departmental representative to jointly complete the utility vehicle safety checklist:
Please make sure to submit the checklist to the Office of Risk Management as soon as possible after completion of the online module. Please note: You must submit the checklist for each faculty and staff member before they can operate a golf cart and/or utility vehicle on campus.
Direct Support Organizations and Other Entities
Employees of DSOs and other entities operating golf carts and/or utility vehicles on campus must complete the following:
- Online Training: Each employee shall view the online golf cart and utility vehicle safety video, found by clicking here.
- Safety Checklist: Once the employee has viewed the safety video in its entirety, they will need to get with their organizational representative to jointly complete the utility vehicle safety checklist:
Please make sure to submit the checklist to the Office of Risk Management as soon as possible after completion of the online module. Please note: You must submit the checklist for each employee before they can operate a golf cart and/or utility vehicle on campus.
Part 2: Registration
To register Golf Carts and Utility Vehicles, please have the following information available for each vehicle:
- Type of vehicle, e.g.,golf cart, utility vehicle, gator,etc. (make/model, if applicable)
- Assigned number (if previously assigned)
- Staff member responsible for vehicle
- Department name for which the vehicle belongs
- Director (or equivalent position) of Department
- Location of where the vehicle is stored when not in use (e.g., Garage A, RWC, etc.)
Optional items to include for each vehicle:
- Year of vehicle
- Color of vehicle
- Capacity of vehicle
- Serial Number
Once you have gathered the above information, please email Risk Management to register.