Fraud Awareness Training – It’s not just for new employees
by Tina Maier, CPA, CFE, CIG, Associate Director University Audit
New employees are required to take Fraud Awareness Training, along with other training on important topics such as the Code of Conduct, Potential Conflicts, Information Security, Discrimination Prevention, and FERPA. These mandatory new hire trainings reflect UCF’s commitment to creating an organizational culture that encourages ethical behavior and discourages fraud.
The Fraud Awareness Training course consists of watching a 30-minute video, and it is quite interesting. Viewers get to hear from three fraudsters on why they committed fraud against their employer and how it ruined their lives. Additionally, you will learn about the widely adopted Fraud Triangle.
Expand your knowledge today and add to your “My Learning” resume with Fraud Awareness Training!
Here are the instructions for current employees (not new hires) to enroll in the Fraud Awareness course through Workday.
- Sign into Workday and click on the Menu drop-down in the top left corner.
- Scroll down and select the Learning app.
- From there, select the Discover tab.
- Click Browse Learning.
- All available courses and lessons display. Type “Fraud Awareness” in the search bar (under the Browse Learning Content header) and click search.
- Select the Fraud Awareness Training 2022 course/lesson by clicking its title.
- Click the Enroll button on the right side of the page.
- From the Review page, click the Submit button at the bottom of the page.
- Then, click Done. You are now enrolled in the course.
- Click the Start Course button and then click the View External Link button. You will then be prompted to login to WebCourses. Log into WebCourses.
- Once inside the webcourse, click Assignments on the left menu bar.
Select the Fraud Awareness Video module and then click the play button to start the Fraud’s Hidden Cost video. Happy learning.