All activities or programs subject to the Youth Protection policy must register with University Compliance, Ethics, and Risk through the Squire registration system.
As part of the registration process, the program sponsor must submit the following information at least 45 days prior to the start date of the program/activity:
- Program title, description, length of session, and location, and university facilities being utilized if applicable.
- Overnight stay details, if applicable.
- Program sponsor’s contact information (and a primary contact for the program if different from the program sponsor).
- Information on all program staff, including name, phone number, email address, employee or volunteer status with UCF or the third-party organization, and the number of hours the staff member will be working with the minors. This must be completed at least five business days prior to the program start date.
- A list of all participating minors must be uploaded to the program registration in Squire within five days after the program start date.
Once the registration has been submitted, University Compliance, Ethics, and Risk will review the information and communicate any deficiencies to the program sponsor or campus liaison. Program sponsors will receive an email notification once the review has been completed.
The following types of programs are not required to register:
- Events open to the public where guardians or chaperones are invited or expected to accompany and supervise minors;
- Field trips or visits supervised by a minor’s school or organization;
- Patient-care activities relating to minors;
- Recruited student-athlete “official visits” involving minors;
- Institutional Review Board (IRB) approved research involving minors;
- Licensed childcare facilities on campus; or
- Activities involving a minor(s) who is enrolled, dually enrolled, or accepted for enrollment at the university, or who is employed by the university.
Campus Liaisons for Third-party Organizations
Third-party organizations and other non-UCF affiliated groups are required to obtain a campus liaison to register the activity/program with the university on behalf of the third party. The campus liaison must be either a UCF or DSO employee. The following areas are able to provide this service:
*Programs reserving space through the university’s Recreation and Wellness Center – please contact the Facilities Scheduler https://rwc.sdes.ucf.edu/reservations/.
*Programs reserving space through the UCF Athletics Association – please contact the office of Facility & Event Management email@example.com.
*All other programs – please contact UCF Continuing Education at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to begin the registration process in Squire. For questions on how to log in and complete the registration process please use the Squire Registration Help Guide for Program Sponsors or contact University Compliance, Ethics, and Risk at 407-823-6263 or by email at email@example.com.