All activities or programs subject to the Youth Protection policy must register with University Compliance, Ethics, and Risk.
As part of the registration process, the program sponsor must submit the following information:
- Program title, description, length of session, and location, and university facilities being utilized if applicable.
- Overnight stay details, if applicable.
- Program sponsor’s contact information and verification of background screening and clearance, as well as completion of youth protection training.
- A list of all program staff, to include the date the background check was completed and cleared, and the date the UCF Youth Protection Program training was completed. This must be completed at least five business days prior to the program start date. Please use the Program Staff Template when submitting the final list of program staff.
- A list of all participating minors, including each participant’s name, date of birth and emergency contact information. The final list must be submitted within five days after the program start date. Please use the Program Participant Template when submitting the final list of all participants.
Once the registration has been submitted, University Compliance, Ethics, and Risk will review the information and communicate any deficiencies to the program sponsor or campus liaison.
The following types of programs are not required to register:
- Events open to the public where guardians or chaperones are invited or expected to accompany and supervise minors;
- Field trips or visits supervised by a minor’s school or organization;
- Patient-care activities relating to minors;
- Recruited student-athlete “official visits” involving minors;
- Institutional Review Board (IRB) approved research involving minors;
- Licensed childcare facilities on campus; or
- Activities involving a minor(s) who is enrolled, dually enrolled, or accepted for enrollment at the university, or who is employed by the university.
Campus Liaisons for Third-party Organizations
Third-party organizations and other non-UCF affiliated groups are required to obtain a campus liaison to register the activity/program with the university on behalf of the third party. The campus liaison must be either a UCF or DSO employee. The following areas are able to provide this service:
*Programs reserving space through the university’s Recreation and Wellness Center – please contact the Facilities Scheduler https://rwc.sdes.ucf.edu/reservations/.
*Programs reserving space through the UCF Athletics Association – please contact the office of Facility & Event Management email@example.com.
*All other programs – please contact UCF Continuing Education at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to begin the registration process.